April 20, 2011

A Few Faves of Mine

I still need to purchase a baby book to write all the little cute things about my amazing baby. So until I remember to buy one I will share a few of my favorite things about Cooper before I forget about them because he starts doing new cute things.

  • He laughed for the first time March 31st. Greg made him laugh by making noises and tickling him. It was the best thing ever.
  • He loves noises you make with your tongue, lips, etc. Clicking like a horse is a favorite. Noises will pretty much guarantee the best wide open mouth smile ever.
  • Sometimes when he is upset I will hold his hand and it calms him down. I love to hold his cute little hands. He has the longest fingers, he gets that from his mommy.
  • He loves to be held facing out so he can see the world. He is always looking around and exploring with his eyes.
  • He started sucking on his left fist last week. I love it so much! I told Greg he might be left handed because it is always the left fist. He did gag himself a few times because he stuck fingers and his fist too far.
  • Most of the time if you tickle his back he will squeal and bend backwards. Did I mention he is the best thing ever?
  • He loves to be talked to and he will coo and smile at you when you talk to him.
  • He is so happy and smiley in the morning when he wakes up. Every time I look in his bassinet and start talking to him he smiles so big and kicks his legs and waves his arms.
  • He is going to be a swimmer, kicker, or something of the sort because he is always kicking his legs and waving his arms around. He kicks his blanket off every night.
  • He gets really wide-eyed if he is in a new place and just looks around and around.
  • He will make the cutest frowny face if he gets startled by a noise, so sad but so cute.
  • He is a champion at all his doctor appointments. They sit and listen to his heart and poke at him and he just puts his hand on his doctor's arm.
  • He is a binky boy and is now learning how to get his binky back in if it is semi-close to his mouth.
  • He can stand up and sit up without much support.
  • Never would I have thought that I would think someone pooping is so cute. He puts his chin to his chest, pulls his legs up, and grunts.
  • He sleeps sprawled out, arms up by his head, and legs spread out.
  • Every time I put him in his bassinet when he is asleep he stretches by curving his back up. He also does it when he is done eating and I put him on my lap to burp him.
  • When we feed him in the middle of the night and I go to burp him he makes the cutest little groggy face and usually falls asleep with his face in my palm as I burp him.
So there are all the things I can think of right now. I love love love Coop! I feel so blessed to be his mommy and to be able to work from home so I can be with him all day. When Greg gets home from work he always takes him out of my arms and will say that it's his turn because I got to play with him all day. One of my best friends was telling us Sunday how we are so lucky to have such a strong amazing spirit to raise. Her words touched us so much. Cooper is an amazing boy. He has been through so much and is such a feisty little fighter. He will do amazing things and be an example to everyone around him. He received several blessings where it was said that his disease would not define him, that he would be the master of it and bless other's lives by showing how he handles his challenges. We are grateful everyday that we have him and that he is home with us now and we can do all the things we dreamt of doing. We look at the positives and leave the rest behind. I can no longer dwell on what pieces of the picture are left shattered on the floor, because now I have a new picture that is more beautiful that I could ever have dreamt.


No comments: